Saturday, December 6, 2008

Warning, Warning, Warning

It was just before 3:00 AM this morning that I was finally able to get the "Koobface Worm" removed from our computer.

Dick did the ultimate stupid thing and clicked on an email that said "I had received a message from Deanna" via Facebook, about a video. That opened up a file that said there was an update to one of my programs. To make matters worse I went to Facebook before clicking on that &%@#*& link and there was nothing there. And to make it doubly worse I had the telephone in my hand to call her about some thing else. But yes dear friends I clicked on a button that I said I would never do. It all went down hill from there.

I talked to Daren later and he had the same problem so out we went and purchased a copy of Norton Internet Security 2009 and installed it. Ran it twice and it did not do the trick so was able to open a window and converse with an expert at Symntec. After transferring $100 dollars to them they accessed our computer and removed all the problems. So I was finally able to get to bed.

I don't think I need to say more, consider yourself warned.

PS. We did get to soak in the hot tub and swim in the pool looking up at the stars and palm trees last night before trying to fix the problem

To be continued...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yuck. what a way to spend your time!!