Monday, February 25, 2008

Other peoples family history

I have a good friend at Church that I was talking to about family research and he indicated that his father served in the Canadian Expeditionary Force during WWI and that’s all he knew about his military service.
I took the bull by the horns and found his records, ordered them from Canada and gave them to him. Later sitting around talking about the records he indicated that he knew very little about his grandfather and had no idea where he was born.
I love a challenge so I was off to see Mr. Google, and as of now I have found not only his family history but also his grandmother’s side of the family. I love the NET.
His family came from Canada and settled in Prairie, Skagit County, Washington. They owned and operated a shake mill for years. I have about 50 pages complete with pictures of his family history. Hope to get up to see him later this week with the find. Wish all my research could be this easy.
Need any family history research? Try Mr. Google
If interested check here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for one of my kids' teachers to have this as an assignment. I'm going to have to make them do the work on my mom's side or Jason's side just so they can actually do the assignment. But I can't wait to see the look on their teacher's face when they see the size of the BOOK on our families side!!
I know your friend was so thankful to have you do this. I'm sure it will spark his interest enough to get some more info on his own too.